Distribution Center Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Duluth Trading Company is a solutions driven work wear company and gear supplier for get-it-done guys and gals. We are currently seeking such an individual who can execute daily operations while ensuring service levels as outlined in the company strategic plans and working on staff development.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years supervisory experience of a mid-size distribution center, and solid computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Excel. Ability to execute defined tasks and strive to improve on current procedures to decrease processing time, increase service levels and improve variable operating cost within the department is essential.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Plan effective use of equipment and personnel to meet operating needs including the creation of department budgets and operating guidelines
- Ensure effective hiring and training of hourly employees
- Manage quarterly and annual performance reviews in a timely, professional manner
- Build cross departmental communications with all functional areas of the company
- Manage the development of meaningful labor and production measurements
- Oversee all aspects of safety in the warehouse including training
- Assure that all actions taken with regard to direct reports are in accordance with established company policies.
Other Specifics We're Looking for:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Sense of urgency in accomplishing objectives
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
- Adept problem-solver and analytical thinker
- Spreadsheet and word processing proficiency
- Direct to consumer fulfillment experience a plus