S.S.B Japanese Nakiri Knife
Forged in Sanjo exclusively for Best Made, our triple-laminate Japanese Chef’s Knives have stainless surface layers with a high-carbon core: the perfect balance of resilience and performance. The laminate steel is formed by forge-welding two piece of stainless steel on either sides of the Aogami blue steel center layer. When the laminated steel is shaped into a knife, the high-carbon steel is exposed only around the edge, where the benefits of high carbon are needed: hardness for a sharper, longer-lasting edge. Most of the remaining surface area is a tougher stainless steel, contributing both strength and corrosion resistance, limiting overall maintenance. The chestnut handles are scorched for increased moisture resistance, and the pakkawood collars offer sanitary properties superior to natural wood. As with all our exclusive Japanese blades, the Japanese Chef’s Knives are stamped with the “Best Made” Japanese emblem, and each knife ships with a canvas blade guard, for protection from moisture and chipping while in storage.
- 6.5" blade
- Overall length: 12"
- Blue steel carbon core with stainless outer laminate
- Scorched chestnut handles
- Black pakkawood collar
- Canvas blade guard
- Steel, chestnut wood, pakkawood, canvas
- Knives should never be run through the dishwasher
- The high-carbon edge will tarnish if left wet. Dry immediately after use, apply a thin coat of oil to protect long-term.
- A unique patina will form as the knife is exposed to acids and oils
- Handcrafted in Japan