Scroll down to learn more!
It’s that time of year when some of us may have more zucchini than we know what to do with. Never fear – Danielle of DivaQ BBQ has a mouth-watering solution: Soy Rosemary Flank Steak with Spiralized Veggie Noodles!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy PREP TIME: 4-24 hours to marinate, ½ hour day-of COOK TIME: 30-40 minutes SERVES: 4-6
1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
½ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup finely chopped rosemary
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp granulated onion
1 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
Yields enough marinade for one whole 2- to 3-lb trimmed flank steak
● Whisk marinade ingredients together until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Place the flank steak in a non-reactive container (plastic, glass or resealable bag), pour marinade over the steak and turn steak over to coat.
● Marinate meat in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
● Preheat grill to 400°F.
● Grill flank steak for 5-8 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 120-125°F for medium rare.
● Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes.
● Slice against the grain and serve.
This marinade can also be used for beef roasts, beef ribs, pork loins and short ribs.
1 large bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
¾ cup cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil + more for finishing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
4 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp dried chives
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
● Place everything in a blender or food processor.
● Pulse until smooth.
● Pour into container.
● Top with a layer of olive oil.
Use within 1 week. Chimichurri can be frozen for future use.
1 lb spiralized zucchini
10 oz spiralized butternut squash
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp fresh, finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup olive oil
Kosher sea salt and black pepper to taste
● Preheat grill to 350°F (create an indirect fire zone if not using a Traeger grill)
● Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or foil coated with nonstick spray. Spread the zucchini and squash spirals on the baking sheet and sprinkle the herbs over them. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
● Grill, turning often, for 30-40 minutes or until the veggies are lightly charred and softened.
● Remove from grill and cool. Serve as a side dish or as a main vegetarian dish.
1 recipe Soy Rosemary Flank Steak
1 recipe DivaQ Fast Chimichurri
1 recipe Roasted Herbed Spiral Veggies
2 bunches small ripe Campari tomatoes
2 tbsp freshly shaved Parmesan
● Place the roasted herbed veggie spirals on a serving tray and add tomatoes.
● Top with thinly sliced flank steak and a drizzle of chimichurri.
● Sprinkle on shaved Parmesan.
● Serve cold or room temperature.
Perfect for summertime dining!