Best Made Gerstner Field Chest
Our exclusive Best Made Field Chest – built by the esteemed Gerstner & Sons in Dayton, Ohio, and designed in collaboration with legendary illustrator and artist Ross MacDonald – takes inspiration from an original chest owned by inventor and adventurer Robert Edison Fulton Jr. Constructed from American cherry with hand-fitted joinery, brass hardware and 6-oz. leather (the same used for our axe blade guards), this chest is a paragon of skilled craftsmanship. With 12 uniquely sized drawers, it offers a tailored space for every implement, from precision hand tools to fly-tying supplies. A book cubby and storage inside the doors hold essential reference manuals of the trade or cherished first editions. Knurled brass knobs adorn the lower drawers and the upper drawers have library pulls with card slots, for the simple pleasure of orderly identification. The centerpiece clock is custom-made in Germany to Best Made specifications and the paneling behind swings open to reveal a secret compartment (we couldn’t resist).
As part of our exclusive Best Made Collection, Gerstner’s exquisite piece is emblazoned with our classic motifs – the Famous Red sash and laser-etched Best Made ruler. The Field Chest is impeccably built to house the items that bring to life our most passionate pursuits.
- 12 unique drawers, plus a secret compartment behind the clock
- 27.25" x 26" x 12"
- Best Made ruler scale laser-etched
- Book shelf cubby
- Two vertical storage cubbies on doors
- Brass lift handles on sides
- Charcoal felt-lined drawers and doors
- Leather straps inside door
- Machined knurled brass knobs on lower drawers
- Library pulls on upper drawer slots with name-card slots
- Custom German-made Best Made Co. clock
- Locking front doors
- Lined wood drawers
- 6-oz. blade guard leather panel on flat surface
- American cherry wood
- Polished brass hardware
- Leather blade guard panel
- Felt-lined drawers
- Made in the USA