Designed from the ground up in New York City by Best Made Company, tested the world over. This axe has a 2-lb. Hudson Bay style head, one of the oldest axe patterns in America. It is drop-forged in the United States from American-made 5160 alloy steel that is hardened to a Rockwell hardness of 54-56 HRC. The Best Made mark (BMC) is forged into the butt of the axe head. A distinguishing trait of our axe head is its slim profile which – relative to many other contemporary felling axes – makes for improved cutting and chip throwing. The handle of the Hudson Bay Axe is a straight-grain, premium hickory that originates in Appalachia. We designed the handle to provide maximum efficiency, comfort and safety. We go to great lengths to source an unrivaled wood grain. Every axe is emblazoned with our trademark logo on the handle and a removable Best Made Company sticker on the head.
All Best Made Axes are guaranteed and come with a bridle-leather blade guard and an embroidered badge.
- Designed by Best Made Company
- Hand-sanded and sealed
- 2-lb. Hudson Bay head
- Embroidered badge
- 26.5"H x 6.75"W x 1.375"D
- 5160 American alloy steel
- 26.5" fine-grain Appalachian hickory handle
- Bridle-leather sheath
- Steel, hickory wood, leather
- Oil the handle of your axe with linseed oil at least once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year.
- Before you use your axe, always inspect it thoroughly for any signs of damage or wear.
- Pay close attention to any looseness between the head and the handle.
- Make a habit of sharpening your axe before or after every use. Sharp axes are safer and more enjoyable to use.
- Always practice safe chopping. Use a chopping block when splitting, avoid overstrike, and be mindful of your own safety as well as the safety of others.
- After using your axe, wipe away any moisture, dirt or sap that may have accumulated on the head or the handle.
- Re-apply oil to handle if needed.
- When not in use, store your axe in a cool dry place, safely away from pets, children, etc.
- Made in the USA
Best Made Painted Hudson Bay Axe