Best Made Stoneware Serving Bowl
Best Made was founded on the principle that a thing of beauty does not belong on a pedestal or in a display case. Cast in point: the stoneware coming out of Wilson Creek, a small studio in Spring Green, WI. Each serving bowl is thrown by owner Ash Pfannenstiel and glazed an elegant black. You can impress guests with one, yes, but Ash would prefer you make their use a daily affair. She uses a studio-secret clay recipe that produces exceptionally durable stoneware – more chip-resistant (Note: not drop-resistant) as well as freezer, oven, microwave and dishwasher safe. The red clay is so essential to her work that she leaves the foot of every piece naked, free of glaze, where you will find both the artist’s and Best Made’s stamp of quality imprinted.
- Sized for serving a salad, main course, or any saucy dish
- Understated and useful design
- Handmade; bears subtle marks of the potter’s hand
- Freezer safe
- Microwave safe
- Oven safe (if heated evenly; not recommended for broiler use)
- 4”H x 12” dia.
- Hand-thrown stoneware
- Black glaze; food safe and lead free
- Naked clay base, stamped with Best Made and potter’s signature
- Dishwasher safe
- Handmade in Spring Green, WI