Black Diamond Neutrino Carabiner
Rookies make the mistake of thinking post-gate carabiners are stronger than ’biners with a wire gate design. But expert climbers and gear carriers know better – which is why they prefer the strength and reliability of this Black Diamond Neutrino Carabiner. Its closed gate strength is a massive 22kN – far more than enough to handle the dynamic force generated by a 50-lb. tool bag dropping off a three-story building. What’s more, there’s no place for grit and debris to collect in the hinge, so the wire gate won’t lock up like a post gate can. Best of all, the flat profile packs and stacks efficiently and weighs a mere 1.3 ounces.
- The real deal – ultra-light yet massively strong
- Flat body with slim profile for handy stacking on a pack or rack
- D-shape that distributes weight to the spine
- Easy-to-operate non-locking wire gate won’t freeze in Alaskan alpine conditions
- Cold-forged aluminum construction
- 22kN closed gate strength; 7kN open gate strength
- 3-½”L x 2”W with ⅞” gate opening
- Weighs just 1.3 ounces
- Made in USA. Some components may be imported.