Gerber Salt Controller Folding Fillet Knife
Knife nuts already know: not all stainless steels are created equal. Take the usual stainless fillet knife off river duty and use it fishing the ocean instead and you’ll see rust spots before long. It’s why Gerber made this deft folder from high-chromium 9Cr stainless steel with a mirror-polished finish – it resists corrosion even with regular use in marine environments. The distinct grip offers agile control even when your mitts are wet and covered in fish slime. In a slim folding design that easily fits in a compact tackle bag. If you’re looking for one reliable knife to put in your kit whether you’re fishing mountain streams or mangroves, you’ve found it.
- This agile folding fillet is the best reason yet to ditch your fixed blade
- SALTRx™ 9Cr stainless steel mirror-polished blade resists corrosion in fresh and saltwater environments alike
- Guidefins™ and Hydrotread Grip™ give you command of the blade even with wet, slimy hands
- Lockback mechanism with nail nick on the blade
- 6”L blade; 7”L when folded