Yes, it's a handsome knife. About as handsome as a knife can be, in fact, with a traditional barrel handle of curly birch that's a bona fide work of art. But to appreciate its true beauty (and to understand why it's a revered favorite of outdoorsmen worldwide), you've got to take it into the field to carve tent stakes or skin game. The mirror-finish stick blade is triple-laminated, with a core of high-carbon steel sandwiched between surgical steel, to hold a scalpel-sharp edge for months on end. No wonder it takes 60 separate hand operations by the knife experts at Helle® of Norway to craft this classic. The rich oiled leather sheath has a 2"W belt loop that'll fit on your work belt. If you're looking for a compact all-around CAMP knife, you can't do better than the Helle Fossekallen.
California Prop 65 WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm. See www.P65Warnings.ca.gov for more information.
- Inspired by the agility and adaptability of the fossekallen, Norway’s national bird
- Crafted in 60+ separate hand operations by the knife experts of Helle® of Norway
- Scalpel-sharp, triple-laminated blade sandwiches high-carbon steel between surgical steel for superb edge-holding ability
- Distinctive curly birch handle is sized for small to medium hands
- Stick tang
- Cowhide leather sheath with 2" belt loop
- 8" overall length; 4½"L x 2.6mm blade
- Made in Norway