Hot Rod Empire
America, start your engines! At the end of World War II, photographer and journalist Robert E. Petersen began to capture the explosion of the hot rod scene in Southern California and soon launched Hot Rod Magazine. His passion for cars, trucks, motorcycles and all kinds of racing spawned a publishing empire that helped fuel America’s transportation and enthusiast culture around the world. With 250 color and black-and-white photos, “Hot Rod Empire” is a nostalgic journey through automotive history that’s sure to ignite the passion of anyone who’s ever been fascinated with go-fast machines.
- Matt Stone (Glendale, California), former executive editor of Motor Trend magazine, has been a professional automotive journalist and photographer since 1985.
- Gigi Carleton, for more than 40 years, worked at Petersen Publishing Company as Margie and Robert E. Petersen's executive secretary and personal manager.
- Ed Iskenderian is one of the founding fathers of the aftermarket speed equipment business, and a worldwide legend in the field of high-performance camshaft design and production.
- Fulfills the need, the need for speed
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Illustrations: 250 color & b-w photos
- Size: 7-1/2” x 9-1/4”