Wilder With Every Wear
Go back far enough and every fabric was innovative for its time. What’s different about waxed cotton is that, after a hundred-plus years on the job in Alaska, it’s still up to the task. It’s why we made Claimstake outerwear out of the stuff, designed to shed sleet, snow and jobsite muck with time-tested dependability. Plus it gains character over time, with the creases and weathering telling a history of proper use. Wear it for a bit, and it’ll look like no other jacket on earth. And while we relied on a classic fabric to keep you dry, the jacket has modern performance at its core to keep you warm, with lightweight yet heat-holding synthetic insulation. Rounded out with eight spacious pockets to hold gear – because when there’s no telling what the day will toss your way, it’s best to come prepared for anything.
WAXED COTTON CARE: Claimstake Jackets are rewaxable. You’ll know it’s time when the face of the fabric is significantly lighter than the seams – in about a year or two of regular use. When that happens, wash any dirt off the exterior by hand. Use only water and a rag, never soap. Then reapply wax with a heavy duty fabric wax bar, like the Otter Wax we sell. Your jacket will be as water resistant as the day you got it.
- The original performance fabric, waxed cotton repels water and light rain – and it looks damn fine over time
- Synthetic insulation holds in heat through bitter cold conditions
- Made for maximum mobility, with Reach Gussets™ plus a bi-swing back for unhindered freedom
- Rewax the outer fabric whenever it starts losing its water repellency (depends on use, but about 1-2 years)
- Zip front with snap placket to keep out foul weather
- TOUGH COTTON™ lining is 3x more durable than common cotton fabric. TOUGH COTTON™ is a registered trademark of Cotton Inc.
- 8 pockets – 5 front pockets including double chest pocket, handwarmer side pockets, plus 1 inside