Foothills and Peaks Rarely Agree on the Weather
Mountains have a way of pulling the rug out from under a weather report – there’s just too much that can change over the course of a few thousand feet. So if your plans have you headed anywhere near their fickle slopes, you could do a lot worse than packing a versatile jacket like this. The Free Clime Soft Shell is flexible, windproof, highly water-resistant and holds just enough warmth to keep you comfortable whether you’re heading into the hills for a day or traversing all the continent’s climates on a months-long thru-hike. A highly waterproof, highly breathable membrane locks out short spells of rain without locking in sweat. Reach Gussets plus flex built into the fabric so you can stay effortlessly mobile as you push through the miles. And the pockets are all designed to be easily accessible whether you’re slinging a daypack or lugging something with a hip belt and internal frame. All told, it’s the one jacket to take with you whenever, wherever, you have the itch to roam.
- Versatile soft shell jacket keeps you comfortable roaming multiple climates
- 10K waterproof /10K breathable membrane keeps you dry when the sky opens up
- Waterflect® DWR finish sheds spills, mist and light rain
- Windproof construction stops gusts from sapping heat
- Adjustable 3-piece hood with visor keeps rain off your face
- Reach Gussets® for unrestricted clambering
- 3 pockets designed for easy access with a full pack
- Cinchable hem blocks gusts of wind
Fabrication + Care
- Flexible 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex fabric
- Weighs: 26.6 oz. for size Large. Weight will vary by size.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop cuffs
- Locker loop
- Machine wash