While Seward shook hands and wished the former owners of Alaska “dasvidaniya,” one legacy of Russian ownership stayed behind – the ushanka hat. Our Alaskan Hardgear® Ushanka is a modern upgrade of the original with waterproof nylon shell, arctic-level-warmth 120-gram polyfil insulation and real rabbit fur trim. It has a removable lined face gaiter to protect your mug when the polar winds are blowing. And the earflaps buckle at the top when frostbite isn’t in the forecast. Wear it and stay dry and warm, comrade!
- 3.6-oz. 100% nylon outer shell is waterproof to block the elements
- Real rabbit fur trim helps protect face and neck
- 100% polyester lining and 120-gram polyfil insulation – our warmest-ever hat!
- Toggle adjustable gaiter protects your face from biting cold, unzips to remove when not needed
- Adjustable chin strap keeps hat on in the worst of gusts
- Earflaps and brim can be raised and buckled at the top when the weather is less than Siberian
- Reflective trim for visibility during 24-hour polar darkness
- U.S. shipments only