Men's Torpedoman's Wool Crew Sweater
Color: Night Sky
History buffs will remember a certain US president becoming famous as a PT boat captain in the Pacific Theater of WWII. But few know these fast, agile boats also harassed and hammered German ships in the English Channel and off the coast of Normandy, France. The daring and swagger of the crews was the same in both theaters. But the weather was not. In the Atlantic, stout wool sweaters steeled the crews against the wind chills as they skimmed the water on 50 mph torpedo runs. We pay homage here with our versions. Improved with Armpit Gussets so you can launch the torpedoes with total freedom of movement. 100% wool just like Uncle Sam specified. Pull one on and go down in history.
- 100% wool knit, just like the originals, so you stay warm through the coldest watch
- Rib collar with nylon-plated neck for itch-free comfort
- Armpit Gussets give you extra room to reach
- Rib cuffs don’t stretch out when pushed up
- Chest pocket to hold a photo of the girl you left back home