The wise mushroom collector knows that if you want a healthy ‘shroom crop next year, you’ve got to harvest with care this year. That means deftly slicing through the stem of your favorite fungi without disturbing its delicate underground infrastructure. And that’s exactly what the Opinel No. 8 Mushroom Knife is designed to do. Its razor-sharp 12C27 stainless hawkbill blade lets you make swift, clean cuts that a straight blade can’t achieve. Serrations on the blade’s spine make it easy to peel away tough mushroom skin. And there’s even a boar bristle brush on the hardwood handle to gently clean dirt off your newly collected morsel. Just watch what kind of mushrooms you're collecting, or you might end up like Alice!
- Helps collect wild mushrooms without harming the environment or hindering next year’s crop
- 12C27 Sandvick stainless hawksbill folding blade gives you the leverage to make damage-free cuts
- Boar bristle brush gently cleans dirt and debris from mushrooms
- Viroblock safety ring locks the knife open to prevent knuckle-slashing accidents
- Handsome European beechwood handle is sustainably sourced
- 3" blade; 7¼" overall
- Weighs 1.7 oz.
- Made in France