Open up the kit of any woodsman, veteran, scout or general lover of the outdoors and you’re liable to find something with 550-paracord in or around it. The cord is so useful, strong and weather-resistant it’s become the poster-child for survival gear as a whole. Which is all to say: improving on paracord is a tall order, and yet Titan has knocked it out of the park with their Survivor Cord. It’s as universally useful as any other high-quality 550 cord you’d use, except at its core are three unique strands – fire tinder, 25-lb test fishing line, and 30-gauge brass wire – that can help keep your butt out of a sling should your outdoor adventure truly go sideways. Titan designed the cord over an 18-month collaboration with Special Forces members in Afghanistan, a group not known for gentle criticism when it comes to equipment. Survivor Cord lived up to their standards, and it’ll perform for you.
- Paracord that puts every last strand to use for S.O.L. situations in the wilderness
- 100 feet of military-style 550-paracord with fishing line, snare wire, and waterproof fire tinder at the core
- Paraffin-impregnated jute tinder thread is tested to light after four hours of submersion
- 30 AWG brass alloy snare wire has a tensile strength of 7 lbs., can be used as an emergency antenna, electrical wire and more
- Fishing line is clear 25-lb. test monofilament useful in both fresh and salt water, or as binding