TekFire Charge Lighter
A windblown bivy on the icy slopes of Mt. Hunter is no time to realize your butane lighter can’t handle high altitudes or buffeting winds. Or find that the battery in your GPS has flatlined. That’s why you’ll find the TekFire® Charge Fuel-Free Lighter tucked in the pockets of so many Alaskan backcountry guides and bush pilots. Unlike finicky butane lighters, this ingenious design produces a reliable electronic spark whether you’re on a gale-raked beach or a 14,000-foot summit. Its long-lasting lithium-ion battery charges via an included USB cable, so you can top it off in the truck on your way to the trailhead. And it’s equipped with an independent power bank that’ll juice up your GPS, rechargeable lantern or cellphone. Even the ParaTinder™ wrist lanyard is packed with frontier-ready function: Unwind it to produce 3 feet of all-purpose paracord with a built-in tinder thread that’ll fire up when soggy twigs won’t.
TO CLEAR RESIDUE FROM ELECTRODES: Use a wooden toothpick or plastic knife to gently scrape clear. To avoid electric shock or burn, DO NOT push electric arc button while cleaning.
- Super-reliable electronic lighter is windproof, flame free, lasts for thousands of ignitions
- Independent power bank recharges your cellphone, GPS and other electronic devices
- Requires no butane fuel or adjustments for high-altitude use
- 3000mAH lithium-ion battery recharges via included USB cable in just 3 hours; 4 charge light indicators let you know how much juice remains
- 10-second time-out safety feature
- Rubberized impact-resistant, water-resistant non-slip housing
- ParaTinder™ wrist lanyard unwinds to provide 3 feet of all-purpose paracord plus a tinder thread
- Measures 5-1/2”L x 1-1/4”dia; weighs 4 ounces