Unleash kids' inner engineer with this award-winning kit of modular building materials that guides them through 20 model-building experiments that give real-life lessons in structural strength and stability. Each model demontrates a basic principle of mechanical physics or structural engineering, giving kids a hands-on understanding of how bridges span huge distances and skyscrapers stay standing. Along the way, kids learn about structural elements like columns, beams, trusses and more, and explore the forces that act on structures, including tension, compression, shear and bending. Eventually, they'll work their way up to more complex structures, including an impressive cantilever bridge and towering skyscraper. Next thing you know, they'll be designing that new addition for your shop!
- 323-piece kit gives budding engineers a real-life lesson in constructing complex structures
- Build 20 fascinating models – from towers and arches to a sprawling suspension bridge
- Investigate the forces that act on structures like tension and shear, and learn how to maximize strength
- 44-page, full-color manual guides you through model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions
- Winner of Parents' Choice 2017 Gold Award and Purdue University's 2017 Engineer Gift Guide
- Ages 8+
- CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.