Best Made Painted American Felling Axe
Designed from the ground up in New York City by Best Made Company, tested the world over. The American Felling Axe has a 4-lb. Dayton pattern head, perhaps one of the most iconic American axe head designs, which is drop-forged in the United States from American-made 5160 alloy steel that is hardened to a Rockwell hardness of 54-56 HRC.
Best Made offers two sizes of axes, the 4-lb. American Felling Axe and the 2-lb. Hudson Bay Axe. When deciding which one is right for you, first determine how and where the axe will be used. Our 4-lb. Felling Axe is perfect for the farm or homestead. It excels at general chopping, bucking and splitting. This is an axe for larger wood. The smaller Hudson Bay is more suitable for camping. Its size makes it a perfect fit for the pack or canoe, and its lighter weight allows for swift brush clearing, limbing and kindling.
- Designed by Best Made Company
- 4-lb. Dayton head
- 35”H X 7.5”W X 1.5”D
- 5160 American alloy steel
- 35" fine-grain Appalachian hickory handle
- Bridle-leather sheath
- Steel, hickory wood, leather
- Oil the handle of your axe with linseed oil at least once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year.
- Before you use your axe, always inspect it thoroughly for any signs of damage or wear.
- Pay close attention to any looseness between the head and the handle.
- Make a habit of sharpening your axe before or after every use. Sharp axes are safer and more enjoyable to use.
- Always practice safe chopping. Use a chopping block when splitting, avoid overstrike, and be mindful of your own safety as well as the safety of others.
- After using your axe, wipe away any moisture, dirt or sap that may have accumulated on the head or the handle.
- Re-apply oil to handle if needed.
- When not in use, store your axe in a cool dry place, safely away from pets, children, etc.
- Made in the USA