Freedom of Movement
What It Doesn’t Shrug Off It Wears With Pride
A century and change ago, the Klondike Gold Rush pulled a stampede of men to The Last Frontier looking to tempt fate and make their fortunes. Along with them came the performance outerwear of their time: waxed cotton. The durable canvas repelled all the muck and oppressive weather that went hand-in-hand with prospecting. While there’s less panning for gold today in Alaska, there’s still plenty of work to be done. And even in the face of today’s performance fabrics, waxed cotton is up to the task. It reliably sheds water and handles rough wear, picking up creases and scuffs as you go about the job – a natural part of waxed cotton that adds to the character of the jacket. Over time it’ll develop a look like no other. Which is another way of saying, this jacket wears its work history on its sleeve.
WAXED COTTON CARE: Claimstake Jackets are rewaxable. You’ll know it’s time when the face of the fabric is significantly lighter than the seams – in about a year or two of regular use. When that happens, wash any dirt off the exterior by hand. Use only water and a rag, never soap. Then reapply wax with a heavy duty fabric wax bar, like the Otter Wax we sell. Your jacket will be as water resistant as the day you got it.
- The original performance fabric, waxed cotton repels water and light rain – and it looks damn fine over time
- Hardworking history in a modern trucker jacket cut
- Made for maximum mobility, with Reach Gussets™ plus a bi-swing back for unhindered freedom
- Just rewax the outer fabric whenever it starts losing its water repellency (depends on use, but about 1-2 years)
- TOUGH COTTON™ lining is 3x more durable than common cotton fabric. TOUGH COTTON™ is a registered trademark of Cotton Inc.
- 5 pockets in all, including one pocket on the inside