Freedom of Movement
Windproof Shetland Wool: Unflinching Against Icy Gusts
You don’t get sympathy in a country where the national flower is the thistle. But the inhabitants of Scotland’s Shetland Islands never expected it. What they expected – for hundreds of years – was long, cold nights fishing the treacherous seas and backbreaking work hauling in the catch each dawn. The sheep that originated in the Shetland Islands were likewise hearty and hardworking. Today, Shetland sheep are raised worldwide (including in New Zealand, where our wool is sourced), but their wool retains the same lofty, lightweight yet highly durable character that once shrugged off North Atlantic winds. It‘s what we've used to craft this classic Shetland Wool Windproof Zip Sweater. And naturally we‘ve built in all the extras you expect from Duluth, from the windproof woven lining to a pair of practical pockets. We even knitted in Reach Gussets™ for ease of movement – something you won‘t find anywhere else. Give a Shetland sweater as a gift, and you can be sure it‘ll long be cherished.
- Inspired by the sweaters worn by Shetland Island fishermen for warmth in jaw-clenching cold and gale-driven winds
- Soft, warm wool from Shetland sheep is exceptionally strong and resilient, and it retains its insulating ability even when wet
- Lightweight windproof/breathable woven lining blocks cyclone winds
- Bold 3x2 rib knit with contrasting texture at the shoulders and elbows – classy!
- Soft, fleece-lined collar won’t chafe your nape
- Reach Gussets™ for more arm-swinging room
- Spandex in the rib-knit cuffs and hem for resilience in the most trying conditions
- Full-zip front plus 2 hand-warmer pockets
- Standard Fit